Parent or Grand Parent

SWIC Immigration

Sponsor your Parents and Grandparents

A sponsor can submit interest to sponsor form and then they could be invited to submit a complete application, on the basis of which you can sponsor your parents and grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada.

Eligibility to sponsor your own parents and grandparents:

  • you’re at least 18 years old
  • you live in Canada
  • you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • you have enough money to support the persons you want to sponsor
    • To show that you have enough, you’ll have to provide your proof of income.

You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents, related by blood or adoption. The people you sponsor must also be eligible and to show they meet the eligibility requirements, your parents and grandparents and their dependants must provide:

  • all required forms and documents with their application
  • any additional information we request during processing, including:
    • medical exams
    • police certificates
    • biometrics

Please contact us at for more information.